Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Gasoline

 When I started driving, my parents were pretty good about lending me their car.  They trusted my driving skills.  There was only one stipulation:  I had to fill up the gas tank before I came home with the car.

Now that seems like a real easy thing to do after joy riding in their car.  Stop at the gas station and fill 'er up.  If I'm putting miles on the car, then I should be responsible to replace the fuel in the tank.  But, the majority of the time I was just driving a couple of blocks to a friend's house.  The rule was you had to fill up the tank.  And, if you got the car and it was on empty, well, there goes your money.

When my children use my car, I find they "forget" to put gas in it.  Or, they "didn't notice that the car needed gas."  Even better, "I'll put gas in it next time."  Next time never happens. 

I have taken matters into my own hands and started leaving my car close to empty, forcing whoever uses it to put some gas into the tank.  So far, my car is either filled up or the person decides to take RT's car.*

*I learned this tactic from RT.  If you keep the car on empty, no one wants to borrow your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment