Wednesday, August 9, 2023

That Neighbor

 I walk or ride my bike daily.  There are a few neighbors who walk the trails daily as well.  

One of my neighbors walks two of his dogs several times a day.  I bump into him every once in a while.  The other day, I realized that he is the neighborhood informant.  He knows just about everything going on in our area.  He's a talker, so, he stops and talks to everyone on the trail.  If he sees you in your yard, he will stop and say hello.  During this stop and chat he passes along updates on the neighbors in the area.  Surgeries, vacations, if someone is moving, deaths.  With every conversation he gets information on how you and your family are doing, which I'm sure he passes along to others in the neighborhood.  

This walking path meet up he told me about a neighbor who is moving, another neighbor's dog is not doing well and a neighbor who suddenly passed away.  

Some people go online or watch television for the news, I just go and take a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment