Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Sick

 After writing my other post on being sick, I remembered getting a bad case of the flu as a child.  I think my doctor mom was pretty worried about me.  Shocking.  I mean, I'm the third child.  Usually, we have to fend for ourselves.

I remember not eating much, which is something that always happens when I get sick.  My mom, probably worried sick, pulled a new treatment out of her medical bag:  Skittles.  She opened the bag of candy and gave me a few pieces to eat.  I found it strange because my mom did not just give us candy.  In fact, I don't recall there ever being candy in the house (except for halloween candy). I don't think candy was allowed in the house.  And candy while I'm sick?  Another red flag.  I ate a piece and waited.  My mom kept trying to encourage me to eat another one.  Eventually I ate a couple more pieces.

To this day, I am not a fan of Skittles (guess I won't be getting a kick back or sponsorship from Skittles any time soon).  Seeing them reminds me of a not so fun time in my life.

Are there any foods that you avoid because of an event in your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment