Monday, October 3, 2022

My Weird Dog

 I know how much all of you enjoy hearing stories about my weird dog.  I will try to make it a point to write more posts about him.

While I was sitting on break at work the other day, I received a text from RT.  It was a picture of Pippen.  Here is our text exchange:

Me:  Aww!  Soaking up the last bits of summer!

RT:  I thought he was dead.

I had to do a double take of the picture.  I know how much Pippen enjoys working on his tan laying in the sun.  It was finally nice enough outside to catch a few warm rays.  Then I noticed the spot that he chose to do his sunbathing. 

First of all, Pippen (in all of his ten years) has never laid down in that spot on the grass.  There are maybe five spots in our yard where he will lay down and that is not one of them.  RT thought he was running and just dropped dead right there.  RT stared at Pippen for a couple minutes to see if his chest moved (to make sure he was still breathing).  I said it was wishful thinking on RT's part (Pippen has been rather annoying the last couple of weeks).  RT was probably planning how to move the dog and, more importantly, how to best break the news to me.  

Here is the photo. 



Please know that Pippen is alive and well and living his best life on our back deck.  Also, he has not been seen near that spot since this photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment