Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Background Check

 A background check is a tool used to view your record, looking out for criminal activity, financial situation and social media interaction.

As some of you know, I am a Girl Scout leader.  In order to continue my career as a leader, a background check is done every two years.  My first year as a leader, this entire process took three weeks.  My two co-leaders got their results back within a couple of days.  I guess they were really trying to dig up some dirt on me.   I believe part of the problem is my name.  Most look at my first name and assume I am male.

This wasn't a one-time glitch.  Every background check I sign up for comes back in a month or two.  Maybe they see my name and expect to find some wild and crazy history?  (I'm thinking I need to get out more so I can live up to their expectations)

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that they do these checks for the safety of the girls.

This is my twelfth year as a Girl Scout leader and my final background check.  I just submitted the form.  Let's see how long this final one takes.  Fingers crossed this one comes back quickly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment