Sunday, October 2, 2022

National Carry a Tune Week

 This year I'm celebrating the interesting National Weeks throughout the year.  This week is National Carry a Tune Week.

This week caught my attention because RT has a tendency to hear a tune (or song) and sing it for weeks on end.  I'm thinking he might be one of the founders of this week.

I did a little research and found that this is an online event and is used to prompt people to recall a tune that brings out good memories and to carry that tune with them all week long. (something RT should have NO PROBLEM doing).

The American Tune Lovers Society opens up a survey so people can suggest their favorite tune.  These tunes can be from school days, a favorite song on the radio, a love relationship, a concert or any other time.  The tune must be American origin and recorded before 2001.  

There are six categories of tunes: Patriotic, Folk, Religious, Pop, Classical and Film.

How to observe #CarryATuneWeek:

Decide on a tune that you want to carry for a week and submit it to the organizers.

Let loose with that tune.  Belt it out or hum it, even if you are off key.

Ugh.  I'm wondering why I picked this week.  I envision hearing RT belting out, "Jolene" for weeks to come. 

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment