Tuesday, March 15, 2022

My Weird Dog - Pupcakes

 It's another weird  strange  adventurous trip around the sun for my weird dog Pippen.  The old man spent his day trying to grab a quick nap  lazing on the back deck protecting his kingdom.  He got the royal treatment (special breakfast and lots of cookies throughout the day).  And, of course he was the center of attention while we sang, "Happy Birthday" to him.  

OK.  OK.  I guess I should tell the truth.  Pippen had an egg with his breakfast.  Hey, he had a really strenuous workout  went on a really long walk.  And it's his birthday!  So, lots of cookies on your birthday is expected, right?  Alright, alright, you got me.  It was probably just me singing to him and spoiling him all day today.   It was worth it, though.  Look how happy he is in this picture! 



Sorry for the naked picture.  Pippen wanted to spend the day in his birthday suit.  Eating a pupcake outside on a beautiful day in your birthday suit.  It doesn't get any better than this, does it?  

Thanks for putting up with me and my weird dog, Pippen.

Here's the tasty pupcake recipe.  They are Pippen approved.


Cheddar Apple Pupcakes

ingredients:
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oats
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 TBSP hone
2 eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

directions:
Oven 350F.
In large bowl mix applesauce, oil, honey, eggs and cheese.
In separate bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, oats and baking powder
Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
Spoon mixture into silicone muffin cups.
Bake 18-20 minutes.
Allow pupcakes to cool before serving to your dog.


*I cut this recipe in half and it made 6 pupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment