Friday, March 4, 2022

Grand Opening

 A new Amazon Fresh grocery store opened up in our area.  I wish I could say that this post is sponsored and that I am going to receive all of this cool free stuff, but, unfortunately, that is not the case.  This is just a story about how I forced dragged encouraged RT to go to the grand opening with me to see the store and, of course, to get a free gift card.

I want to elaborate a little on the encouragement part of the story.  You see, RT wasn't all too keen on going to this grand opening.  First of all, the store opens at 7:00am, which means you have to get up really early in order to be one of the first 250 people in line.  RT isn't a morning person, so the time is my first hurdle.  I also knew that if we didn't get a gift card after dragging him out of bed at the crack of dawn this experience will haunt me for the rest of my life.  This started with RT's scenario where we would arrive at the store and somehow miss out on the free gift card or he would get a $5 gift card.    Ever the optimist.    

I would like to say that everything went smoothly, but, hey, this blog is about the scary journey inside my life for a reason.  The parking lot was full so RT dropped me off and I got in line.  When he joined me, he didn't have his coat on (it's 30F here) because he locked it inside the car (I had the key in my pocket).  Luckily there were heating lamps.  Everything after that went smoothly and we both received a gift card (phew!).  Of course, after all of that hard work getting RT there, I'm the one that ended up with the $5 gift card.

We are now officially those old people that go to store grand openings and get free stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment