Saturday, July 31, 2021

My Weird Dog - National Mutt Day

 In honor of National Mutt Day I thought I would talk a little about my weird dog  mutt  Pippen.

I mentioned awhile ago that Pippen has been enduring some tough times.  Unfortunately, our recent vacation added to his nightmare.  Per the babysitter dog sitter, Pippen was very sad. He didn't eat much food, hung his head and had an overall sadness about him.  I did call a couple of times and they put the phone by Pippen.  He heard my voice, cheered up a little and started eating his food.  When we returned from vacation, Pippen became my shadow.  He doesn't let me leave his sight for long.  If I don't return, he comes and finds me.

I do have to report that RT took Pippen to get a mani-pedi his nails clipped.  Nail clipping is not one of his favorite things to do.  Turns out, Pippen didn't fight it.  He jumped up on the counter and let them clip his nails.  He even walked past all of the scary little dogs that tried to attack nip at him. He didn't try to eat them  lunge toward them.  I think my child  dog is finally growing up.

Pippen will be joining us on our next vacation.  I'm sure there will be some interesting stories to tell.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment