Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Retail Problems

Some little ditties from my lovely job in retail.

There are many stories of my time as greeter.  My favorite is the guy who winked at me.  I'm not sure if there was something in his eye or if it was a nervous tic.  This guy walked in, behind his wife, and as he walked by he said hello and winked at me.  I found it odd and thought that it might have been a mistake, but, he winked at me again as he followed his wife out of the store.   A habit or is he a flirt?  

There was the time when this woman came in wearing dirty purple gloves.  She grabbed a cart and did some shopping.  Even made a purchase.  A few hours later I saw her enter the store to do an exchange.  She was still wearing the same dirty purple gloves.

My favorite story happened the other day.  I was ringing up a customer and gave her the total.  She reaches into her purse, starts digging around, moves away from the counter and then says (loudly), "I can't find my wallet.  SOMEBODY STOLE IT!"   I didn't know what to say.  I wasn't with her in the store and it looked like her bag was closed when she got up to the register.  How did someone steal her wallet without her knowing about it?  She steps toward the counter again and looks in her purse and calmly says, "Oh.  There it is"  and pulls the wallet out of her purse.  I almost burst out laughing and was quite grateful that I was wearing a face mask.  I wanted to know if she was related to RT* but didn't have the courage to ask.

*check out these posts for a backstory on people stealing RT's stuff : goggles, phone, hiking gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment