Friday, July 23, 2021

The Mosquito Whisperer

 Mosquitos, those pesky little insects that like to suck the fun out of summer.  Buzzing around your ears to announce their presence.  Or, those that prefer to make a sneak attack and you realize their itchy presence after your millionth  one hundreth bite.

Mosquitoes have got to be the most annoying thing about summer.  Well, extreme heat and humidity are quite bothersome for some of us.. Some people are more bothered by them than others.

We went on a little vacation that included a hike up the side of a mountain.  We had to get up really early to eat and get moving.  On this lovely hike, someone did not have mosquito repellant.  That "someone" is quite the feast for the little fellers.  "Someone Else" said the bugs would get better at a higher altitude.  That "someone" person was swatting at these guys the ENTIRE climb.  "Someone" came down from the mountain with millions a lot of bug bites.  (They bite through clothing.  And, they bite your scalp!)  RT I mean, "Someone else" did not get any bug bites.

"Someone else"  I mean, RT told me that I could be hired as a bug repellant at parties.     Hire me and I can stand in your yard and all of the mosquitoes will automatically come to me and not your or your guests.  He's always looking out for me.  You gotta love the guy.

I tried looking up what attracts mosquitoes and how to ward them off.  Apparently I have the blood type that attracts them (O).  Some say it's in your genes / hereditary.  If that is the case, well, my Dad was a huge attraction to mosquitoes.  Thanks a lot, Dad.  I heard that ammonia attracts them.  Not sure how this affects me since I'm 50% vinegar, 49.5% olive oil and .5% oregano.  Basically a Greek Salad.  I did learn that garlic helps keep them away (and everyone else for that matter)  I think I'm going to have to eat a lot more garlic.

Are you an attraction to mosquitoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment