Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Napkin Snobs

I've mentioned numerous times about RT and his napkin hoarding tendencies.  (If you need a refresher, you can search napkin hoarder on the blog and read up on RT and his napkin hoarding adventures)  I make fun of his hoarding tendencies, but, they have come in handy.  From family parties, hikes we have taken, beach trips, etc.  We have benefited from having these napkins on hand.

At home, we use cloth napkins.  And, before you contact the CDC, we don't share these napkins or reuse someone else's napkin.  Also, these napkins do get washed (quite often).

During one of our meals together as a family, I brought out some paper napkins.  We didn't have any clean cloth napkins and we have a large stash of paper napkins in the cabinet (Thanks to RT).  I thought I was doing something good.  You know, using up some of the millions many saved paper napkins that RT  we have collected over the years.  Instead of praise from my family, I received complaints about the quality of the napkins. 

"What are these supposed to be?" 
"These are too thin!" 

Even RT said he wouldn't take these napkins (well, how do you think I got these in the first place?).    I realized then and there that my family have become napkin snobs.

I have to mention that all of my children have been watching RT hoard napkins over the years.  They even encourage him by pointing out the good quality napkins.  A couple of them have started their own napkin collections.

I know these napkins are thin, but, I have a feeling that when we run out of toilet paper, these napkins are going to look really good to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment