Friday, March 6, 2020

Coconut Water

This post is dedicated to my best friend, Patti.

Many years ago, we were at a grocery store and they were handing out samples of coconut water.  Bella was excited and wanted to try it.  We both took the small sample and thanked the person.  We tried the coconut water.  We wanted this to be a great experience where we would fall in love with coconut water and live happily ever after.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  It took us quite awhile to drink the tiny small sample that they gave us.  We decided that we aren't coconut water people.

I got to hang out with my friend Patti the other day and she forced me  made me  suggested I give coconut water another try.  It was a small bottle.  I figured that I can be sophisticated and survive drinking this small amount of coconut water, right?  Patti finished her water in no time.  I sat there smiling and pretending  sipping away.  At one point, Patti asked me how I like the coconut water.  In my highest pitched voice ever I answered, "It's good.  I like it."

When I got home, I was telling RT about the coconut water.  His response?

"Did it give you diarrhea?"

Me:  No.  Why?  Does coconut water give you diarrhea?

Apparently when RT was in Honduras, one of the Dads drank coconut water from the coconut and he got diarrhea.  RT said it didn't affect him (he was drinking it with rum).  (the things my husband remembers....)

I will definitely have to give coconut water another try.  Maybe on my next visit with Patti!  I will bring a secret supply of rum.  To help prevent diarrhea, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment