Sunday, March 15, 2020

My Weird Dog

Pippen can be pretty clingy...…..to me.
My family has noticed how Pippen doesn't greet anyone in the morning.  He remains on his pillow when Bella and RT come downstairs in the morning.  Pippen jumps up when I walk into the kitchen and happily greets me, making the others jealous.

We have had a few dance competitions where we are gone all weekend.  A couple times I have asked our neighbor's two boys to take care of Pippen.  The first time they watched Pippen, they were so excited.  Unfortunately, Pippen was a little depressed (in other words, I wasn't home) and the poor kids had to see the sad, depressed side of Pippen (and, believe it or not, they still want to take care of him when we are away).

When we return from a weekend away, Pippen comes to life and starts eating his food, runs around like an excited puppy and, of course, follows me everywhere.  In fact, he won't leave my side for several days.  The fact that I work more (which means more time away) just adds to his clinginess.

Today is Pippen's lucky day.  It's his birthday and, even better, I'm home all day.

Here's to a day of dog snuggles, long walks and to many more years of My Weird Dog stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment