Wednesday, June 12, 2019

My Weird Dog

I really think he gets weirder as he gets older.  Or maybe I'm just now noticing all of his weirdness.

We have had issues in the past with Pippen breaking out of our yard through the fence.   RT has made the side yard almost like a jail cell.  It's lined with metal fencing on the inside so "someone" doesn't chew the wood fence (again) and escape.  RT even added a hook latch on the outside (because "someone" was squeezing his way out through the bottom of the gait).  (I told you he was weird)

Last week, I got a call from my neighbor.  She told me that Houdini  Pippen broke out of jail  the yard.  I was walking and was close to home.  When I get home, Pippen is hanging out in the drive way.  No.  He doesn't run away.  He wants to get out, but, then has no idea what to do when he leaves the yard.  Weird, huh?   I think RT wishes he would just run away.

A couple of days later, I'm out walking.  I turn and look across the street and see this white dog running on the other side of the street.  It takes me a minute and then I realize.....that's my dog!

The bottom latch was secure when I left for my walk.  How did Houdini Pippen get out?


"Someone" pushed hard enough on the fence and broke the latch.  "Someone" was also exhausted because he was running the trails looking for me.

RT told me I can't leave unless Pippen is inside the house.

I picture myself either never leaving the house or bringing Pippen with me everywhere I go.

Work.
The grocery store.
On an airplane.

Instead of him being a comfort dog, I will be his "comfort human."

This is all getting to be a little weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment