Friday, June 7, 2019

Disinvited

I was invited to a family party recently.  I put the information on the calendar and made sure all knew we would be attending and all of the important details.

Less than a week before the party.  I get a call from "the family member."  During this phone conversation, the family member made some small talk and then just went for the jugular  for the kill  into their reason for calling.

The family member brought up the party they were having.  I thought they wanted to make sure that we would be attending.  When the family member invited us, they were quite insistent that we be there and made sure that we knew that our presence was wanted at this party.  Instead, the family member went on to say that we shouldn't attend the party.  Maybe we could plan another get together?

Wait.......

Did I just get disinvited to a family party?

My own family doesn't want us around!  They probably felt they had to invite us but then realized their mistake.  They had to figure a way out, so, they decided to disinvite us.

I tried to hang on to the invitation by explaining that we were planning on attending.  How we rearranged our  lives around this family party just so we could be there.  Unfortunately, the family member was dead set on erasing us from their life  from their party guest list.

So, I guess I just want to let everyone know that RT and I are free and are able to attend your next party.  Give us a call.

Oh, and if you find that you invited too many people?  Go ahead and call us and disinvite us.  We won't be offended.  We're used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment