Friday, May 24, 2019

My Weird Dog

Pippen recently had to make an appearance at the Vet.  We are on the three year plan for shots and visits.  It's not really easy bringing him to the Vet.  He isn't very dog friendly so I have to let the staff know that before our visit.  Unfortunately, they translate that into him being this vicious dog so they are really careful walking around him.  I then have to do damage control and tell them he likes people and that it's OK to pet him.  And that he just isn't crazy about dogs.

Of course, to make a liar out of me, Pippen was all calm and cool during our visit.  He saw another dog and just looked the other way.  He even wanted to stay there longer at the Vet.

The highlight was how it took me five minutes to get him on the scale.  Yea.  It's on the floor and the dog just has to step up onto it.  Except, my dog refused.  I ended up having to lift him onto it.  Seems a normal thing to do, except he weighs 88 pounds.  Once on the scale, he didn't want to get off.

I have a three year rest before Pippen's next Vet visit.  During this time I will be lifting weights to make sure I don't throw my back out when I have to lift him onto the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment