Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Cracker Snatcher

While Bella was on the basketball team, she made sure she brought extra snacks with her to school.  These snacks could be eaten after her basketball game or practice.  I would bring snacks with me to the games in small containers for her to munch on after her game as well.

One day, I asked her about the small containers.  You see, we have millions  a lot  many small containers that we both use for lunches and snacks (better than using a sandwich bag) and the number of containers was pretty low.  Bella told me that she didn't have any in her back pack or her room.

The next day, after basketball practice, Bella was searching through her lunch box and back pack for the goldfish crackers she packed.  She knew they were in her lunch box.  She put them in there because she had to clean off her lunch table before being allowed to leave the cafeteria.  She purposely saved the goldfish for an after practice snack.  Once she realized someone must have taken them, she was furious.  I told her to talk to someone at school to let them know this is going on.

It has been a couple of months now, and I finally sent an email to the school regarding this situation.  It's not a life threatening problem, it's more of an annoying problem.  I'm not a huge fan of having to go out and purchase more snack containers.  It's wasting my time, energy and, well, my money.

And, who is this child who is going through people's lunches, scrounging for food?  I hope they don't have an allergy!  Maybe we can set something up so they can get some food in the cafeteria?  I would be willing to help out and I'm sure other parents would help, too.

It's funny how a child can go to a teacher with a problem and never hear anything back from said teacher.  Once a parent is involved, things start happening.

The teacher called me to tell me that they looked at surveillance videos and could not find anything.  Apparently, this happened to Bella again last week, so they were trying to watch the video for some clues.  Unfortunately, one of the hallways does not have cameras and that might have been where Bella was putting her lunch bag.  They gave Bella a pass to put her bag in her locker.  If she hears of anything happening, she is to let them know right away so they can pull the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment