Thursday, April 4, 2019

Elections and Voting

This is a little late to write and post, but, I'm putting it out there anyway.

We just had an election and I feel the need to talk about the candidates.

I'm not going to talk any specifics.  I'm not that political.  I'm going to talk about doing the job.  The candidates come forth with a platform of what they plan to do if they are elected.  Some actually complete one or two of the items on their promise list while others, well, they try (I think?).

I think what would help me in my decision making is knowing that a candidate is going to pick up (remove) all of their campaign signs.  I mean, it's the day after the election (sometimes weeks after) and the signs are still out there.  How do I know that the candidate that won can do the job if he/she can't even clean up the  mess  signs that were used to elect him/her?

I want a candidate that cleans up their signs.  A person that cares about his/her town/state/country.  Not one that litters.  Cleaning up the signs tells me that they make sure things will get done.

Seeing those lone signs out there makes me want to demand another election.

No comments:

Post a Comment