Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Dance Mom

Bella had another Dance Competition.  This is our second competition, so, I should be a pro at being a Dance Mom.

I'm amazed at the number of Mom's backstage that are getting their daughter(s) ready.  One asked me if I had a sewing kit she could borrow (Note to self:  Bring my sewing basket with me next time.).

I'm pretty good at holding a mirror (Bella insists on doing her own makeup and hair).  I'm also good with a few pointers (that usually get ignored).  I can also spray a fierce line of hair spray, when needed.  Oh, and I've got the healthy snack options down.

I haven't mastered the bossiness and the constant trivial criticism.  Or being quick tempered and snapping at my child for being (a child) herself.

I also haven't broken down and purchased a glittery "Dance Mom" shirt.

I've come so far on this Dance Mom journey, but, I still have such a long road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment