Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Snow Thrower

I've mentioned before how I am the snow thrower in the family.  Most people buy a snow thrower.  RT married one.

Growing up, my brothers and I had to shovel our HUGE driveway.  They were a lot older and therefore a lot faster.  As time went on, I perfected my snow shoveling skills and well, now, I'm pretty quick with a snow shovel.

I love being outside when the snow is falling.  It's so peaceful.   Until the snow blowers come out.

This last snowfall, I went outside to shovel.  I thought we got an inch or two of snow.  I was quite surprised to find 4-5" of snow on our driveway.  The snow was a little deeper than I thought and I tried to use the snowblower that I inherited.   Of course, it did not start.  After cleaning off the cars, I started my snow shovel dance.  Halfway down the driveway, and I realize that my kids are spoiled.  They get out of bed and the car is cleaned off and the driveway is shoveled.  Reality is going to hit them when they move out and realize someone has to clean their car off and shovel their driveway.

I have been told that I should wait for my kids to shovel the driveway.  But, waiting until they (finally) get out of bed and then having to hear them complain about shoveling the driveway...I have better things to do with my time.

Once they move out, they will appreciate all of my years of snow shoveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment