Friday, January 4, 2019

Resolutions

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I think I ask this every year.

It's a new month.  A new year!  It's a great time to try new things.  Step outside of your comfort zone and do something out of the ordinary.

Now...I don't make New Year's Resolutions.  I think you should be able to change something about yourself or your life at any time of year.  January 1st is not a magical date.  In other words, you don't have to wait until January 1 to change something.

My challenge to you this year is to try a new thing:

food
recipe
exercise
store
music
author
film genre
TV show
job

every month.

Yea.  You thought I was going to say try one new thing this year.

Nope.

I want you to try 12 new things this year.

It sounds difficult and uncomfortable.  But, you'll thank me when you realize that you....like okra.  Or, you really enjoy rap music.  I'm sure I will get the occasional, "I can't believe I listened to you and watched a different TV show."   My response will be, at least you tried it!

I'll play along with you.  I mean, I wouldn't make you do this and not do it myself.  Maybe I'll write about my experiences?

So, who's in?  (I hope everyone)

Let's see what fun stuff we can do and try in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment