Friday, January 11, 2019

Dishwasher Utensil Separator

I'm not sure if that's the official name for this item.  It's a separate piece that goes on top of your utensil basket in your dishwasher.  You then separate each utensil and place it into its own slot.  This way the utensils don't stick together and they all will come out clean.

I just found out about this item.  I know.  How did I not know about this?  Have I been living under a rock?  I had the pieces when we purchased our dishwasher, but had no idea what they were for, therefore, they found a nice home under our kitchen sink.

Ten years later, I'm at a party and watching the hostess put the silverware into the slots on her separator and it hits me.  "Oh!  Those pieces aren't dust collectors!  They actually have a purpose!"

So, I thought I would give it a whirl and see if it works.  Hey, I'm trying new things!  And, guess what?  My utensil separator worked!  My forks, spoons and knives all came out clean!  It's a miracle!

Yea.  I probably need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment