Friday, August 3, 2018

Moon Dough

We had another activity for kids at work and guess who was in charge?  Me.

This time we made Moon Dough.

I was given instructions (not very good ones, by the way) and told to try it at home.  I ended up looking up other recipes to make it easier for me (and the kids).  Luckily, most of the kids that came to this event were more interested in all of the toys in the store and really didn't care how their moon dough turned out.

Here are the ingredients for Moon Dough and a little tutorial for you.

Ingredients:
Baking Soda
Black Paint
Glitter
Water

I gave each child a small plastic cup with some baking soda in it.  I just eye balled an amount.  Enough so that they can take the dough out of the cup to play with it.

Add in a little black paint (optional) and some glitter.   Start stirring.  Add the water SLOWLY.  A few drops at a time followed by stirring the mixture.  If you accidentally add too much water, add a little more baking soda and mix to get the right consistency.  You want them to be able to take out the dough and play with it in their hands.

One child didn't want any paint in hers...it still looked cool being white with glitter.  Almost like a fake snow.

Luckily this activity was better than the Ice Cream disaster fiasco activity.

I still believe I need to rethink my job situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment