Monday, August 27, 2018

Blue Berry Muffin Recipe

I know I already have a Blueberry Muffin recipe on the blog, but, I just discovered another one that I can make vegan.

We went blueberry picking when we were in Michigan and came home with a few billion pounds of blueberries.  We ate quite a few, I made a blueberry pie and I made a few batches of these muffins.

Here's the recipe:

Blueberry Muffins

ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg*
1/3 cup milk**
1 cup fresh blueberries


directions:

Oven to 375F.

Whisk flour, sugar and baking powder in large bowl.

In smaller bowl, whisk vegetable oil, egg*, milk* until smooth then stir into flour mixture until moistened.  Stir in Blueberries then spoon into muffin cups.

Bake muffins about 20 minutes.  A toothpick inserted into center of muffin should come out clean.


*Can use a flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax and 3 TBSP water)

**can use almond milk here

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment