Friday, August 24, 2018

College Bound

Alex will be heading off to college in a week.  Yea.  Happy day, but, also sad.  We'll talk more about that some other time.

I'm part of this Parents Group on Facebook.  This is a place where parents post questions and more seasoned parents (parent's with sophomore, junior and senior students) answer our questions.  It's actually quite helpful, especially since he is our first child going away to school.  I've learned a lot about what to bring and especially what not to buy or bring, about dorm life, food, etc.

One topic was brought up by a parent that I found rather interesting.  The parent asked whether there was an iron in the laundry room.

I'm reading this and thinking, "What kid uses an iron?  Is this a 40 year old woman that is going to college?  Is the kid that worried about having wrinkled clothes?"

And that turns into...

I just hope my kid washes his clothes!  I don't care if they are wrinkled, as long as they are clean (and smell clean),  I'll be very happy.

I told RT my thoughts on the subject.  His comment was, "And he (Alex) would probably burn himself trying to use an iron."

No comments:

Post a Comment