Monday, August 20, 2018

Large Print Books

I like to read in my spare time.  Spare time = the few minutes before I fall asleep at night.  OK.  Sometimes I read on lunch at work.  I keep a list of books that I want to read on my phone so I can look them up when I go to the library.  Unfortunately, some of the books I'm looking for are new and the books are already checked out and have HUGE wait lists.

Recently, I discovered the Large Print Book area in our library.  It's funny, all copies of a book are checked out but the Large Print copy is available.  I don't have a problem with my sight and reading books so, I don't have to read Large Print Books.  My thoughts are, if it's available to read in Large Print, why not check it out and start reading the book?

I do have to admit, it's a little embarrassing when other people see the book I'm reading and see the LARGE PRINT.  They probably think I'm old and can't see very well.  The up side is the Large Print is easy on the eyes late at night when I'm about to doze off.  I guess I feel like people look at my Large Print Book and think,

"Why doesn't she just get some glasses so she can see?"

Or maybe,

"She should consider using audio books instead?"

Or even,

"She really needs to work out her arms more.

The problem with Large Print Books?  They are bigger and heavier books.  Maybe I can consider reading part of my workout?  You know, upper body?

So, if you see someone with a Large Print Book, they either can't see well or, they need that upper body/mind workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment