Monday, July 23, 2018

Out of Order

I'm hanging up the "Out of Order" sign.

I found a large amount of water under the sink this morning.  As I was swearing at the kids cleaning up the water and emptying the cabinet out, RT found a hole in a drain pipe under the sink.   (the swearing at the kids thing really did happen)

I had to work and didn't think anything about it until I returned home to a HUGE pile of dishes in the sink.  I put some in the dishwasher and started hand washing the others until I realized that the hole was a bigger problem than I thought it was, and then decided that I should use our dish washing container in the basement utility sink.  This turned into realizing that the dish washer drains into the same pipe as the sink, and, well, guess who has A LOT more dishes to wash?

Of course I'm not getting much help from the rest of the family (why change now?), so, if you need me, I'll be doing some dishes until the pipe gets fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment