Monday, July 16, 2018

Vegan Diaries - Chia Pudding

Still doing a version of the Vegan thing over here.  I avoid dairy as much as possible and feel pretty good.

A friend suggested that I try Chia pudding.  I found a recipe and gave it a try.  I was a little skeptical.  I don't know what it is about chia seeds.  Sometimes they weird me out.  I'm growing to like them.  They don't have any distinct flavor.  And, as I found out, they make a great pudding.  I haven't started to add them to everything.  That might take some time.  For now, they make a great pudding.

Here's the recipe:


Chia Pudding

ingredients:
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
2 Tbsp Maple syrup*
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

directions:
Whisk almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla in bowl.
Let sit for 15 minutes.
Whisk again to break up clumps.
Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.


*I used agave, and I didn't use that much

*Serve with fruit and granola.  Makes a great breakfast or even dessert.

I made half of this recipe and had half (half of the half) for breakfast the next morning.

You could probably add cinnamon or even cocoa powder for a different flavor.


If you try this recipe, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment