Monday, October 30, 2017

Special Bread

Whenever we have a special meal for a birthday, holiday, special occasion, I pick up a loaf of bread.

I should probably have started out this post with how much my family loves bread.  How I could purchase a loaf of french bread and my kids could devour it with in 12 hours.

They descend from a long line of bread lovers.  My grandfather could make a meal out of bread and cheese.  My Dad could do the same.  Growing up, I don't think we ever ate a meal without bread.

My children have become bread snobs.  They know good bread when they see it.  If there's good bread around, guarantee it won't last very long.  Currently, they prefer a sour dough bread and a healthy multi grain bread.  These are made at a local bakery.

I decided to make a special dinner for Nick's girlfriend.  I picked up a loaf of garlic bread (almost like the everything bagel, but on top of a loaf of bread).  All three of the kids noticed the bread when they got home and asked about it.

During dinner, they said we should have special dinners more often so they could get good bread.  I said, "Yeah.  All of a sudden we will be celebrating (Nick's girlfriends') birthday every week."

3 comments:

  1. Ha. I know what you mean. I hardly remember a meal without bread as a kid. BTW, how'd the vegan challenge turn out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we survived two weeks on the Vegan Challenge. I can't really say that RT went completely vegan for two weeks, but, he did try. He did have a headache the first couple of days, but, I caught him multiple times eating food that contained dairy (milk or cheese). By day 12, he had a hunk of cheese on the counter as he was talking to me. I finally asked him if he was going to eat some. He told me he could eat whatever he wanted. After getting the cheese addiction out of me, I don't have the taste for cheese anymore. It doesn't taste as good. I still make pizza every friday, but, part of it is without cheese. I don't miss it. I'm not a die hard vegan, but, if I can avoid dairy, I do. Sorry for the long winded answer :)
      Are you looking to go vegan?

      Delete
  2. No, I was just wondering how it went especially with RT.

    ReplyDelete