Monday, October 16, 2017

My Life Timeline

Some people measure time with actual dates.

"That happened on July 27, 2015"

Some people measure time with history.

"I remember that it was around the same time as the Tylenol scare."

Some people measure time with politics.

"Bill Clinton was president when that happened."

And, then, there is me.. I measure time in relation to my children.

"We got our fence when Alex was born."

"The basement was finished when Bella turned one."

I think my time line is normal.  I remember events (good and bad) and associate them with how old my children were at the time (or what they were doing at that time).

RT is quite amused by my time line.  He always asks, "How do you remember that?"  Sometimes I don't know the year or the child's age, but remember the incident.  But, they always correspond to some event (our kitchen remodel, our roof, fence install, etc.)

What does your life timeline look like?

How do you measure time?

 by date?

politics?

number one hit songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment