Thursday, June 8, 2017

Vegetarian Diaries: Cooking Meat Meals

The title doesn't make sense, does it?  Why would a vegetarian cook meals with meat?  Well, if she is living with a bunch of carnivores, then she might have to feed them once in awhile.

My family isn't always up for trying some of my vegetarian experiments delicacies.  There are days where I focus on just making a meal for the family.  When cooking for "the carnivores",  it isn't aways easy.  A lot of my cooking is done using my senses.  I don't always measure spices.  I used to be able to taste the food I was cooking.  Now, when cooking a meat meal, if I don't have a "taster" available, I cook by "smell."  I haven't had any problems and my meals get great reviews!

I envision myself going on Throw Down with Bobby Flay.  Making my Pastichio recipe.

And, the one rule.....we can't taste what we are cooking.

Professional chefs always taste the food that they are making.  I know I wouldn't have any problems (because that's how I cook now).  I say it would be a  guarantee win for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment