Monday, June 19, 2017

Doctor's Appointment

So, Nick tells me he thinks he got metal in his eye when he was making a knife.

OK.  First:  Yes.  He makes knives now.  Why?  I don't know.  It's a hobby he has now.  He built a nice little set up that he can get to 1500 degrees F so he can melt the metal and mold it metal.  And, yes, he wears protective goggles.

That last part, I asked him about.  I thought I saw him wearing eye protection.  He said he always wears them, but, maybe he wasn't and he got a small piece of metal in his eye.

So, I gave him a phone number to an eye doctor.  Now, metal in the eye?  You would think that would be something that was important...something you would want to see right away.

No.

The next available appointment was in a week.  Nick said he will dig the metal out himself in that amount of time (he's so patient!).

That got me thinking about Doctor's and Doctor appointments.

I'm not one to run off to the doctor whenever something goes wrong.  I'm the total opposite.  I have to be on my death bed before I even start thinking about calling the doctor.  When I finally do call the doctor, I'm dying on my death bed and need last rights help ASAP!  And that's when I hear (from the office) that they are too busy to see me (What?).

I guess that's when it's time to switch doctors.

So, when Nick was told they couldn't see him for a week, I found another eye doctor that could see him that day.

Nick did not have metal in his eyes.  It's just part of his annoying allergies.  He has some drops to put in there and all should be better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment