Thursday, December 15, 2016

Cabin Fever

It's been a tad brisk here the last couple of days with temperatures in the single digits.  It's going to be cold for several more days with temperatures below 0F.

During times like these, it's very easy to get cabin fever.  You know, where you are stuck in the house all day long.  You don't go anywhere because it's too cold outside.  This happens a lot to older people.  Apparently, it also happens to dogs.

I've been working every day (retail, toy store, busiest time of year, etc.) and poor Pippen has been home by himself.  I think he misses following me around the house all day.  Some times one or all of the kids are home with him, but, they probably torture him.  When I'm home, Pippen will follow me around the house while I'm busy cleaning and doing laundry.

Last night, he was acting a little strange.  Bella was worried.  He wouldn't wander off the deck when we let him outside (can you blame him?  It was 4F outside!)  So, I decided to take him for a walk to get him out and get some exercise.  I bundled up and decided to make it a short walk, just a half loop around the park.  We get 3/4 of the way around the park and Pippen decides he wants to keep going.  I said no.  If his paws froze, I didn't have my phone with me to call RT to pick us up.

When we got back home, I gave him a (dog) cookie and he curled up on his blanket and went to sleep.

I'm glad I could help.  I'm hoping this will hold him over for a few days.  Especially since it will be below zero for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment