Wednesday, December 7, 2016

20 Miles to Empty

I try to keep my car's fuel tank at half a tank or more.  There are the few occasions where it gets down to a quarter tank.  I fill the car up right away when it gets that low.  Lately, my life has been a little crazy, so, stopping at the gas station isn't at the top of my "To Do" list.  Normally, I have an idea where the gas gauge is and try to plan on when I will take the car to fill it up.  My plan usually fails because "someone" else drives my car.  "Someone" is normally good about putting gas in the car, but, since he hasn't been working, it has affected his brain and he "forgets" to fill the car up.  I'm usually surprised by the fact that the tank is low and I rush off to the gas station.

Last night, it was a different story.

I let "someone" use my car after I got home from work.  I knew I was low on fuel but figured I had enough to fill up the next day before work.  The car was returned.  I had to run Bella to dance class (it's in town) and realized the fuel light was on and there was twenty miles until empty.  That's if the gauge is correct.

I went to the gas station by our house, only to find out that the Diesel fuel was out of order (my car takes Diesel).  I didn't leave much time before class, so, I dropped Bella off at class.  I called "someone" and told him to be on alert.  He might have to bring me some fuel if I run out.

I have to say, "someone" is very lucky that I made it to the gas station and was able to fill up the car.  We had a talk about giving me a little "heads up" that the tank is low and that I should add extra time before my next excursion.

Let's see if "someone" remembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment