Monday, November 14, 2016

The Burglar

Both Alex and Bella get creeped out easily by some of the sounds from our house.  Our house is older and does make a few noises.  The floors and stairs creak.  The furnace (sometimes) makes noise.  Then there are the unexplainable sounds.  The ones that happen that you know are normal, but don't know exactly what causes them (probably ghosts).

At night, Bella and Alex are very attentive to all of the strange sounds.  They don't miss any of them. If I happen to be upstairs, they start asking me,

"What was that?"

"Did you hear that sound?"

They tell me stories of how they hear sounds in the middle of the night.  Almost like someone is walking around.

>>>>Turns out it is someone walking around.  Usually Nick who is hungry in the middle of the night and goes to raid the refrigerator or make a meal at 2am.  Sometimes it's RT because he can't sleep and decides to try sleeping on the couch in the family room.

The other night, I was cleaning our bathroom.  It was 8:30 pm.  I was scrubbing in the shower when Alex knocks on the bathroom door and says,

"Hello?  Who's in there?"

Me:  "I'm cleaning the shower."

Alex:  "Oh.  Bella and I thought someone was trying to break into our house."

I'm not sure why they think someone is always trying to break into our house.  I'm not really sure what a burglar would walk away with from our house?  I used to say our most valued possession was a Buzz Lightyear, but, now he is 15 years old and has a bad knee.  We do have a large collection of dog hair.  Maybe our treasured dust bunnie collection?  How about our valuable dirty clothes collection?

I think they need to work on what the burglar will steal before they jump to conclusions about a burglar breaking in to the house.

And just let me clean the bathroom in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment