Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Snoring

RT had quite a few vacation days left this year.  He can only bring over so many days into the next year.  His department has been quite busy and it has been difficult for him to get away for long (and short) periods of time.

RT asked me if we could get away in November.  Unfortunately, the kids had school and I couldn't get time off (I work part time and don't get paid vacation days).  So, I told him to take some time off and go on vacation by himself.  He enjoys hiking and wanted to do some longer hikes in the Smoky Mountains.  This was his time to do it.

I didn't want to appear too excited for him to go.  I was a little jealous that he was able to go on vacation, but I envisioned this as a nice "vacation" for myself (wink, wink).

The first night (and every night thereafter) I slept in the middle of the bed.  No one hogging pulling the blankets.  No one snoring.  No one breathing their bad breath in my direction.

It was quite nice.

RT returned at the end of the week.  We got in to bed and the minute his head hit the pillow, he started snoring.  He snored loudly all night.  He apologized the next day.  That day, he took a nap (and, I'm sure he snored).  Again, when we went to bed, he started snoring right away.  Two nights without sleep.

The third night, I woke him up and told him to "roll over."  A lot of good that did....he rolled over and snored some more.

I think all of RT's snoring was punishment for me getting so much sleep while he was away.

I'm thinking he needs to go on another vacation (and soon) so I can catch up on my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment