Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween Post

I know this post is a little late but I didn't think of it until yesterday (Halloween).

When Nick was two, RT decided to do something different for trick or treating.  He decided to hand out candy by lowering it in a cauldron off our front porch.  It was something that Nick found quite entertaining.  The entire neighborhood got a kick out of it, talked and talked about "the house that lowers the candy bucket from their front deck," and a tradition was born. 

Over the years, RT has made little changes to his candy distribution technique.  He has the big spider that is on a string that he moves before lowering the bucket.  He has added cobwebs to the bushes (or I have forgotten to dust...?).  We had a skeleton that he would place in various spots under the deck (also attached to fishing line where he could move it around).  A couple years ago, he purchased a ghost that was usually hanging out in our front window.  It would freak me out every time I walked by the living room because I thought there was a real person standing there.  The little kids that live across the street were so scared that RT put a CUBS jersey on the ghost.

This year, RT got home early and went to work.  His mission was, "to scare the kids."  We had an old couch that we put in the driveway and had the ghost sitting on the couch.  RT would move the ghost when someone sat down on the couch.  We got quite a few screams that way.  He also had some recordings and had them play on the speaker that was in our attic.  One was Bella saying, "Help me!  Help me!  Don't eat me!  Help!"  Another was Alex saying, "Hey!  You in the driveway!  Can you help me?"  I had him playing "Thriller" in between trick or treaters so people could get in the Halloween spirit.

I think he freaked out some really small children early on.  They will probably never be the same.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he has up his sleeve for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment