Monday, June 27, 2016

Roasted Vegetables and Pesto Penne Pasta

I found this recipe on Damn Delicious blog.  If you have time, check out her blog.  She has some really damn delicious yummy looking meals!  I have successfully made several meals already!  

I have a ton of basil growing in my garden and thought this would be the perfect recipe to try.  I'm looking forward to using my grape tomatoes in this recipe (when they ripen).

Roasting the vegetables was super easy.  In fact, you could just roast the vegetables and use that as your meal.

I wasn't sure how this recipe would go over with my family.  You see, I didn't add the meat to the recipe.  We had left over barbecue chicken that (I felt) they could have added (if they wanted).  It was the first time I made the recipe, so, anything could happen (not work out, taste bad, etc).  But, the blog is titled, "Damn Delicious," so...... I have to say it was a SUCCESS!  In fact, Nick asked to finish it off (so, no leftovers!)  I will definitely be making this again.

Here's the recipe from Damn Delicious:

Roasted Vegetables and Pesto Penne Pasta

1 pound penne pasta
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup almonds, toasted
12 basil leaves
2 pepperoncini, stems removed
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
5 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 links chicken sausage, chopped (optional)
8 oz asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
8oz mushrooms, halved
2 zucchinis, quartered and cut into 1" cubes
2 jalapeños, halved


In a large pot, cook pasta according to directions, drain well.

To make pesto, combine the tomatoes, almonds, basil, pepperoncini, garlic, red pepper flakes and Parmesan in a food processor or Vitamix, season with salt and pepper to taste.

With the motor running, add 3 Tbsp olive oil until emulsified, set aside.

Preheat oven to 450F.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Place vegetables in single layer and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Gently toss to combine (I actually did this in a separate bowl prior to putting on the baking sheet) 

Roast in oven for 8-12 minutes

In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pesto and roasted vegetables.

Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment