Thursday, June 30, 2016

Finding Nemo   Dorie   Money


I have mentioned in previous posts about finding money, especially on my morning walks.  Sometimes I find money in parking lots or in front of stores.

When I was in college, I drove whatever car was available.  The majority of the time it was my grandfather's '77 Ford Granada.  Not exactly the coolest car out there.  It did get me (most of the time) from one place to another.  My Dad used to tell me, "Leave the windows down.  That way someone will feel sorry for you and throw $5 on the seat."

One day, I drove to school and parked the car.  When I returned to my car at the end of the day, I found a $20 bill on the ground next to my car.  I was pretty excited and told my parents about it when I got home.  Of course, my Dad said, "If you would have had your windows down, you might have gotten more money."

The other day, I was out in the yard doing yard work (of course).  I was on the patio and turned toward the bushes by the deck and saw a $10 bill on the ground.  I looked around, thinking it was a joke.  I picked it up and continued gardening.  I'm not sure if someone felt sorry for the bad landscaping or weeding or what?  I'm not complaining, tho.  I have never been enthusiastic about gardening, but, now that someone is paying me, it's not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment