Thursday, June 9, 2016

We have a new driver in the house.  Alex just got his Drivers License the other day.

It's funny how teenagers get their license and feel they should get a car.  Currently, we are sharing my car.  If he drives me to work (and picks me up) then he can have the car during that time.  I have let him drive to work.  I even dropped the car off at his work and walked home.  It's only a little over a mile walk.  Free exercise for me and I didn't have to run out and pick him up late at night.

He is saving his money for a car.  He really needs to save his money to pay his car insurance and forget about the car.

The law states that new drivers are only allowed to have one passenger (not related) for the first year. Of course, there is no limit on the number of siblings that can ride in the car.  This sounds great in theory, but, then there are more kids borrowing the car to go hang with their friends, which means more cars on the road with young drivers.  (There are also those kids that think they can get away with  it and drive with more than one kid in their car)

My main concern is working out a schedule so that I can use my car when I need it.

Wish me luck.

*We don't pay the kid's car insurance.  If they want their drivers license, they have to be able to pay for their car insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment