Thursday, April 28, 2016

Gone Ice Fishing

Last year, when I was working, I would tell Alex or Bella that they could ask Nick to help them.  You know, drive them somewhere or pick them up.  Nick is really good at helping out.  He will watch Bella while I work.  In the summer, he would split the time with Alex.

One day last summer, I came home from work and Alex said he wasn't able to go somewhere.  I said, "Did you ask Nick to drive you?"  He said, "Yes, but he said that he wouldn't take me because he was ice fishing."

June in the Midwest.  It was a little chilly last year, but, not cold enough for ice fishing.

I laughed.  I figured Nick didn't want to be bothered driving his brother around.

Time went on and I would get these reports from both Alex and Bella that they couldn't go places or do things because Nick was, "ice fishing."  I started figuring that if Nick didn't want to do stuff, that was the excuse that he would use.

Now, when we are trying to figure out where Nick is, someone will say, "He's probably ice fishing."

No comments:

Post a Comment