Thursday, July 30, 2015

Vegetarian Diaries - Spinach Manicotti

It's been awhile since my last Vegetarian Diaries post.

Yes.  I'm still a vegetarian.

I don't know when/if I will eat meat again

I feel pretty healthy with what I eat.  Limiting my processed foods has made a huge difference.  Exercise also helps out, too.

I like meals that I can make that I will eat and that my kids love.  This is one of them.

Not sure where I got this recipe.  It's been around for awhile (I think this was my mom's recipe?).


Spinach Manicotti

Ingredients:
1lb ricotta cheese
1 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup minced onion
1 egg
2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
1/2 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, minced (feel free to add more...to your taste)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 jars of spaghetti sauce*
1 8oz pkg manicotti shells

Directions:

Oven 350

In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, spinach, onion and egg.  Add parsley, pepper and garlic.  Mix 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.

In a greased 9x13 baking dish, start with one cup of sauce on the bottom.  Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with the spinach/ricotta mixture and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.  Cover with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese.

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until noodles are soft.


*I make my own spaghetti sauce to use on this dish

If you make the recipe, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment