Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Lemon Zucchini Bread

I'm growing zucchini in the garden.

Last year's zucchini didn't do as well.  In fact, the plant was huge and did not produce any zucchini.  I think RT ended up pulling it out of the ground.  < He quite enjoys that.

This year the zucchini plant is taking off quite nicely.  I've used zucchini in soups, stir fry's, cakes and breads.

I found this Lemon Zucchini Bread recipe on Lil Luna and thought I would share it.  It looked delicious and seemed like a tasty way to use some of my zucchini.

Here's the recipe:

Lemon Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
2 cups cake flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil (I used sunflower oil)
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 TBS lemon juice
1/2 cup buttermilk
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup grated zucchini

Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS milk

Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs.  Add oil and sugar until well blended.  Add lemon juice, buttermilk and lemon zest to this mixture and blend together.
Add in zucchini until it is mixed well.
Add the dry mixture and blend all together until it is well combined.
Pour the batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
While still warm, make glaze and spoon over the bread.  Let the glaze set up before cutting and serving.

*Yes, I did cut down the sugar to a little over a 1/2 cup.  I still thought it was good with less sugar.

I have to say that this is the best tasting zucchini bread.  I love the lemony flavor!  I'm looking forward to making this one again!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment