Saturday, March 28, 2015

American Girl

There is this total craze among young girls to get an American Girl doll.  I have tried to shield my daughter from this craze.  There is an American Girl store downtown Chicago that many mom's frequent with their little girls.  I have been told that it's such a fun experience for all.  I have also been told that you do not end up walking out of the store empty handed.  The dolls are not cheap.  They each have their own story or background.  You can get a doll that looks like you and you can even dress like the doll.

We do get the catalog at Christmas time.  Bella got a hold of it right before Christmas and was looking at it.  Surprisingly, she didn't ask for anything in the catalog.  She has told me that some of her friends have dolls.

I was talking to RT about this whole craze and that I was trying to avoid it.  He laughed and said that we wouldn't be able to afford an American Girl Doll.  We would have to get the Immigrant girl.  It would cost a lot less.

No comments:

Post a Comment