Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My essay...continued

I didn't mean to leave you hanging there.
I wrote that letter five months ago because I was so frustrated with AT&T and how they handled the phone problem we were having.
The problem was never solved.
So, yea, I have been paying for phone service for a phone that does not work.  AT&T doesn't care.  It's not their child out there in the world without a phone.  They are getting their money and that's all that matters to them.
AT&T's solution was for me to purchase a new phone from them, including a new phone line/service plan, and continue paying for the other line.
When I had the problem with Alex's phone, I found someone who told me to purchase a go phone and have them connect it to the same line.  I tried doing that yesterday on the AT&T website.  Nick picked out a phone and I was trying to purchase it.  The only problem was, they wouldn't let me purchase unless I purchased a phone plan to go with it.  I chatted with a rep online trying to figure this one out.  I was told I could remove it from the cart at checkout.  When I got a little further in the checkout process I had to select a phone number/area code for the phone and the phone plan was still attached (even though I removed it).  I was assured that I wouldn't have a problem once I switched the phone over to my line.
Knowing the past luck that I have had with AT&T, I decided to give them a call to be assured that I would be able to switch this out and that I wouldn't be stuck paying another monthly bill.  The representative told me that the phone I was purchasing was an upgrade from what was currently being used (I didn't know that a Radiant phone (the phone we were purchasing) was better than a Samsung Galaxy III (the phone we had) and that they wouldn't be able to do the switch.  Oh, and there wasn't a guarantee that the monthly fee would be wiped away.
Armed with that information, I decided to empty my cart and purchased the phone from another source.  The phone should be arriving in a few days.  I will then be able to transfer the phone number and I will be able to get in touch with my son and he will be able to call for help, in case of an emergency.
Well, that's the plan.
(to be continued)

 

1 comment: