Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Broccoli Salad

I had some extra broccoli (healthy food)  and thought I would make a little salad as a side dish to go with dinner.

I found this recipe for Broccoli Salad here and thought I would give it a try.   Take a look for yourself.  (they probably have better pictures than I do!).

It's pretty easy to make and a great addition to any barbecue.

Here's the recipe:

Broccoli Salad

1/2 cup mayonnaise (vegan or regular)
2 T rice vinegar
2 tsp sugar
4 cups broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup raisins

Combine Mayo, vinegar and sugar.  Taste first before adding all the sugar. (I didn't use any)
Mix together broccoli, walnuts and raisins.
Mix in the mayo mixture.
Refrigerate for an hour.

*I didn't use sugar.  Taste the mixture first so it is to your liking.
*You can add dried cranberries or bacon or peas.  Whatever you have a taste for
*mashed up avocado is great too, instead of mayonnaise 

Delicious!

Enjoy!

1 comment: