Sunday, July 13, 2014

Gertrude

I'm in the car, driving around.  Bella is in the back seat.  She can be a real trooper when we have to run a billion errands.

Today, while I am driving, I hear her say, very calmly, I might add:  "Oh, look, there's a spider on my foot."

Now, if it happened to me, I would have had the willies and there might be a scream or some loud sound.  If it was Alex?  There would be ALOT of screaming (yea, don't get me started on that one....)  But, here's Bella, all calm and happy that a spider was crawling on her foot.

I asked her if she wanted to take her (flip flop) off and shake it out the window (hopefully not dropping it).  She said that she was okay and didn't mind the spider.  In fact, she named it.  Gertrude.

She was all happy and smiles talking about Gertrude.  Gertrude was spinning a web on her foot.  She thought it tickled.  She had great plans for Gertrude.  The two of them playing.  Running off into the sunset.

This went on for quite some time.

We are now a  couple blocks from home and Bella wants to try and pick up Gertrude.  She leans over and I hear, "Oh!  It's not a spider.  It's a piece of my hair."

No comments:

Post a Comment