Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mattress Shopping

So, we had some free time this afternoon.  Bella was at a party, Nick working out, Alex at a friends house.  RT and I decided to go mattress shopping.  Remember my back problem?  Well, RT has been complaining about his back the last couple of days.  We really think its the mattress.  I would show you a picture of it, but, I don't think that would show the pain that it inflicts on its innocent victims.

First store, we start testing the mattresses.  The problem with this is, anything is better than what we currently own.  We could sleep on a slab of concrete and think its wonderful.  The first bed we try out, we both almost fell asleep.  It was nice to have the bed actually support your body while laying down.  Very relaxing.  We tried a couple more, but came back to the first one.  It looked short for a king size mattress.  We told the guy we would have to measure our bed to make sure it's the same size.  During this conversation, I am laying on the bed.  Nice and comfortable.  I tried talking RT into leaving me there while he goes home and measures.  No use two of us going home to measure, right?  And, in the meantime, I can get a short nap. 

That went over well.  :) 

We stopped at another store and the salesman said to try his beds out, and to  ignore everything from the last store.  His beds were comfortable (and a lot more expensive).  We weren't sure if he was telling us the truth, or was it just the salesman in him.  Totally confused, we ended up coming home. 

RT is dreading going to sleep tonight.  I think all that laying down on good mattresses has put my back in alignment and I feel pretty good.  Beats going to a chiropractor!

No comments:

Post a Comment