Sunday, November 6, 2011

Heeeeerreeees Johnny!

I took a mandatory Daisy class at one of their camp grounds.  One of the leaders has to take it (we all 3 took it at different times)

The class was at night.  You arrive and there's still a bit of daylight outside.  You pull in and park (in grass/gravel) and there are a couple of buildings across the gravel.  I go inside, expecting a meeting room and instead am greeted by a campy type building.  (well, it is a camp site)  We had a table and chairs and a bathroom (with running water).  It did not have that home-y feeling.

There were probably 8 of us ladies at this meeting.  The class was pretty general.  A lot of it was common sense.  As time went on, it was getting darker and darker, and I'm thinking there are only 8 of us ladies here, no security.  It's campy and a little creepy.  Perfect setting for a Stephen King novel.  I was waiting for Jack Nicholson to pop up through the window and say, "Here's Johnny!"

It didn't seem like anyone else was concerned.  Maybe I watch too many movies?

The class let out a little early (if you call 9pm early).  I ran out to my car and peeled out of the parking lot - never looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment